Below are my immediate impressions of Captain America: Civil War. I will spoil the hell out of the movie, so be warned.
– Widow was freaking lovely as always. I love that girl. Scarlet Witch wasn’t too bad either; looks like Widow has a bit of competition!
– Loads and loads of locations.
– Fight scenes were on point from start to finish. Everything about it screamed “exciting.” It was pretty much non-stop action.
– I thought the movie would be too crowded with all the characters, but it actually worked.
– We actually get to see Vision fight, and it’s quite good.
– Black Panther got a fair intro here, and man, was it interesting.
– Ant-Man and Spider-Man were funny as hell. As for the dialogue in general, it was pretty nice.
– The part where Cap and Bucky fought off the German SWAT team was pretty awesome.
– Too many jump cuts.
– Peggy Carter dies offscreen. Sometimes, it sucks to be Cap.
– The Avengers fighting one another was both exciting and heartbreaking to watch. I noticed that they did not smack the hell out of Scarlet Witch even though she was messing with everyone’s attacks; the worst she got was a soundwave to the face. Even Widow got dropped by Ant-Man.
– They fucked up Warmachine.
– This was really an Avengers movie, not a straight Cap movie. And now the movies are starting to intertwine more; hopefully, we don’t end up with comic-style continuity snarls (this movie is fine, though.)
– Lastly, watch this movie! You won’t regret it.